nlog

 
 

[description comes here, but who cares ...]

 
powered by FreeFind

Saturday, January 22, 2005

I would like my machine to make the sound of the yeti

I have been struggling recently because of a really painful adware, Bulls Eye Network. This I unfortunately downloaded when I was trying to download a codec for my Windows Media Player, little did I know, adwares can come through codecs.

You have to be really watchful of programs and their behaviors of any Microsoft product, they are soo open and vulnerable, no wonder Firefox is gaining ground.

System Mechanic from iolo, a pretty trustworthy and handy tool was of no use to remove the Bulls Eye malice.

There has been little reprive thanks to the new Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
It worked, it scanned the registry, running processes to check for any TSRs and all my files. It took couple of tries to remove all the associated programs, but atleast it did it, pretty good for a Microsoft Beta :)

The one thing you need to watch for is the not-so-clear licensing policy that Microsoft is following. It mysteriously asks if you are a legal user of the OS, even though it is not required for one to download the program. Also the program license expires after 180 days, wonder what Microsoft has up its sleeve for this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home