nlog

 
 

[description comes here, but who cares ...]

 
powered by FreeFind

Friday, January 14, 2005

Whats does the Internet know you as?

Did you ever wonder what your public IP is? What is that mysterious four octet number which is your address in the confusing matrix of zeros and ones. Its quite simple though, just goto the tracert.com and volla, you have your address.

Also, there are a lot of tools which can tell, which physical location you are, just by looking at your IP. The accuracy of which, I am sure is certainly in question, because of the convoluted ways in which the Internet functions, but I am sure, they get it right most of the time.

I felt pretty spooked when I saw an ad banner of a public forum sight. It read, "Find girls in your area", and it had my city and state on it, pretty impressive, but very spooky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home